Page 2 of 2
Re: replacement front anti roll bar
Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:41 am
by Adrian Oliver
Thanks Peter.
I thought that poly bushes would be more suitable for racing.
Perhaps standard V8 will be better for the uneven, potholed roads we now have to put up with?
Re: replacement front anti roll bar
Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:06 pm
by Barry Colgate
Good morning all, I hope everyone is well. Sorry to drag this subject up but I am hopeful some informed advice is available. I bought a second hand GT 5/8" front antiroll bar of Ebay to replace the 9/16" one on my 1974 chrome bumper roadster. However I have just realised the replacement is from a rubber bumper GT and as a consequence the bush ends curve downwards slightly, as opposed the 'flat' one I have removed.
My question is, has anyone encountered this before and will it cause issues by fouling something under the extremes of movement?
Basically should I source one from a chrome bumper GT?
The only other suspension related mods are GT front springs and V8 bushes.
Many thanks in anticipation of any assistance.
Keep safe.
Barry
Re: replacement front anti roll bar
Posted: Tue May 11, 2021 5:29 pm
by Barry Colgate
Just a follow up to my post earlier to advise the 5/8" 'angled' ARB from a rubber bumpered GT fits on a chrome bumber roadster without any issues. I also found I could re-use the 9/16" locator end stops by inserting suitably sized spacers between the two halves and fitting slightly longer bolts.
All the best.