Page 2 of 2
Re: Fuel Gauge
Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:43 pm
by Donald Carmichael
It is not a polarity problem. The problem is that a Jaeger sender is not compatible with a Smiths gauge.
Re: Fuel Gauge
Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:57 pm
by Adrian Oliver
How about going back to Jaeger gauges!
Re: Fuel Gauge
Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:47 am
by Donald Carmichael
Have not made a decision yet. 4 possibilities. Change tank and sender, change fuel gauge, keep hunting for the correct sender or just live with it.
Re: Fuel Gauge
Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:29 pm
by Donald Carmichael
If anyone else has the same problem I have come up with a relatively inexpensive solution. I have made a stainless steel adapter and slightly modified the Smiths sender enabling the Smiths sender to be fitted to the Jaeger mount on the tank. It works with no fuel leak. If anyone wants details I am happy to supply drawings.