modified chrome strips
Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:43 pm
Any idea how difficult/ simple it could be to modify existing stainless steel trim strips ?
Not for my BGT but my daily driver. I want to slightly shorten some existing stainless steel side strips without making the ends look as though they obviously chopped off short.
My daily car has lower body stainless steel side strips that run at a rising angle from the front wing to the rear doors. I like the look of the chrome but not the angle at all. The strips are easy enough to remove and reposition as only held in place by automotive double sided tape but i'd like to shorten them slightly as otherwise they would be very slightly too long if fitted in a straight line.
Anyone had experience of DIY work on stainless trim ? ?
Not for my BGT but my daily driver. I want to slightly shorten some existing stainless steel side strips without making the ends look as though they obviously chopped off short.
My daily car has lower body stainless steel side strips that run at a rising angle from the front wing to the rear doors. I like the look of the chrome but not the angle at all. The strips are easy enough to remove and reposition as only held in place by automotive double sided tape but i'd like to shorten them slightly as otherwise they would be very slightly too long if fitted in a straight line.
Anyone had experience of DIY work on stainless trim ? ?