Page 1 of 1

Spring Run

Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:28 pm
by hugh Boddington
We have just safely arrived back home in Cheshire and wish to congratulate the Chairman and his Committee and all who were involved in the planning and running of the Spring Run.

After 16 years of going on these runs we think it was our best ever, with the help of beautiful properties, villages, scenery and choice of roads on route two from Hatton Country World.
Although we were told by Mr. Boys, route one from Millets Farm was equally as good!
I understand congratulations must go to Roger Cooper for the route, and a last minute faux pas on our behalf, about to start from the wrong point, Bernard Rengger thankfully came to our rescue.
Hugh and Gillian Boddington

Re: Spring Run

Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:20 pm
by John Watson
Thank you Hugh and Gillian for your comments, we are really pleased you enjoyed the day. We hope to see you both soon
John Watson
Chairman MGB Register

Re: Spring Run

Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:55 pm
by Charles Farran
I too would like to thank Roger for all the time & effort that must have gone into preparing the route plan from Hatton. A wonderful day out with the bonus that there was no rain during the trip & hence no need to dry off the car when returning home!!!

Re: Spring Run

Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:10 am
by Owen Frankland
I'd just like to echo the thanks given for a great day. Somebody must have some serious clout with the man above as the weather was beautiful even though the forecast wasn't. Great roads, lovely scenery & villages, super people. It doesn't get any better. We had a great weekend and covered 474 miles door to door. The old girl never missed a beat and the car ran well too.

I had a video camera running the whole run and when I get it edited I'll post it. I'll also be doing a review of the day on my blog and I'll post the link when it's done.

Once again, thanks for a great day.

Re: Spring Run

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:40 am
by John Watson
Thanks Owen good to see you and Pam down South. Many thanks for supporting our event, much appreciated.
John & Gill

Re: Spring Run

Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:26 am
by Owen Frankland
Thanks, John.

I've done a short report (with pictures & video) of our day, here http://www.oily-hands-mg-life.co.uk/oil ... spring-run and the video alone can be found here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPdkHsVIQaE

Please feel free to use any of it for the newsletter or pass it around.

Re: Spring Run

Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:28 pm
by John Watson
Pictures of the Spring Run on shown on the MGB Register website
If you have any more to be added please send to Steve our wen man
It was a great event
John