Page 1 of 1
TLX100M
Posted: Wed Aug 21, 2024 2:02 pm
by Mrbenn
Does anyone know where this car is? I used to belong to my mother who gave it to my grandad. It's the first car I remember being in. I know it changed hands in 2017 and is currently SORN.
Re: TLX100M
Posted: Wed Aug 21, 2024 4:42 pm
by BarryD
Might help, if you gave it’s colour (as your remember) and if it’s a GT or a roadster. I know my ‘78 roadster has worn three different number plates.

Re: TLX100M
Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2024 10:23 am
by Mrbenn
It was Blaze as I remember it. The Tax checker says it's red and a photo I've seen online of it shows it in the same colour. But that's all the info I can find. I know my dad would like it back.
Re: TLX100M
Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2024 11:17 am
by Not_Anumber
The more information you can gather the greater the chance of tracking it down. Do you have the VIN number & as Barry asked, is it a GT or a roadster ?
Re: TLX100M
Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2024 12:47 pm
by Mrbenn
It's a GT. That's all the information I've got. I know it had full rebuild done in about 1985. But I think my grandad sold it in about 92/93 to buy one of the last 205 GTi's. That's the last time I saw it.
Re: TLX100M
Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2024 12:19 pm
by Adrian Oliver
Interestingly I owned TLX105M from 1985 until 1993.
It was a Midget supplied by Sprinzle of Lancaster Mews in London.
John Sprinzle sold cars from his mews garage, complete with a chrome and blue Sprinzle badge above the rear number plate.
I'm not sure if his cars were modified in any way, mine had telescopic rear suspension and was quite fast though!
Re: TLX100M
Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2024 7:49 am
by Ian F
A Sprinzle Midget would be very nice!
Ian F
Re: TLX100M
Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2024 9:29 pm
by Geoff Norcliffe
My first BGT, bought 50 years ago was a 1966 John Sprinzle car and the engine was far sharper than each of the ones that I have owned since. The man I bought it from used to drive it from Yorkshire to Sprinzle's in London to have it serviced. The car became the deposit on our first house...