GAZ Dynamic Coil Over Suspension

Technical MGB discussion
Post Reply
Fjrden
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2024 7:29 pm
Forename: Denis
Surname: Coulter
MGOC Member: Yes

GAZ Dynamic Coil Over Suspension

Post by Fjrden »

When I bought my 1975 Jubilee GT, in June, previous owner had done this 'upgrade' which had all new bits and bobs which was good. I like it on smooth road but on our forever pothole infested roads it crashes and bangs and you think it'd be damaged. The car was also lowered at back and front set to match. I'd prefer it a bit softer. Any ideas MGers?
User avatar
Paul Scott
Posts: 381
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:48 pm
Forename: Paul
Surname: Scott
MGCC Member: Yes
Location: Milton Keynes

Re: GAZ Dynamic Coil Over Suspension

Post by Paul Scott »

My 75 B was also lowered by a previous owner. But they did not change the front bumpstops to the lowered type. Instead they just cut off the rubberd. This caused it to clang all the way up to my fingertips.

I changed the bumpstops. No more clanging or bump steer!

Regards
Paul ;0)
1975 MGB Roadster
Webguru for MGB Register
Fjrden
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2024 7:29 pm
Forename: Denis
Surname: Coulter
MGOC Member: Yes

Re: GAZ Dynamic Coil Over Suspension

Post by Fjrden »

Paul Scott wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 8:41 pm My 75 B was also lowered by a previous owner. But they did not change the front bumpstops to the lowered type. Instead they just cut off the rubberd. This caused it to clang all the way up to my fingertips.

I changed the bumpstops. No more clanging or bump steer!

Regards
Paul ;0)
Thank you for that I'll look.
Fjrden
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2024 7:29 pm
Forename: Denis
Surname: Coulter
MGOC Member: Yes

Re: GAZ Dynamic Coil Over Suspension

Post by Fjrden »

Paul Scott wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 8:41 pm My 75 B was also lowered by a previous owner. But they did not change the front bumpstops to the lowered type. Instead they just cut off the rubberd. This caused it to clang all the way up to my fingertips.

I changed the bumpstops. No more clanging or bump steer!

Regards



What is the sound you hear is it bottoming out?

Sounds like it's harming something


Paul ;0)
Post Reply