Page 1 of 1
where to sell spare MGB parts ?
Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2024 2:43 pm
by Not_Anumber
I want to sell off some parts i have gathering dust including a late steering column and wheel and potentially an engine and od gearbox.
No disrespect to the forum but I strongly suspect just putting them up for sale on here will only achieve quite limited coverage. Where do the rest of you sell any spare bits you have, through one of the MG member club sites , a general car forum such as Retro Rides or Pistonheads or simply on Ebay ?
Re: where to sell spare MGB parts ?
Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2024 2:53 pm
by Ian F
I never sell my original Abingdon parts, which explains why my garage shelves are full of decrepit items from my 46 years of MG ownership.
I will pass on stuff to help fellow MG owners out of course, and usually pass on most modern repro parts to the metal recycling skip.
Ian F
Re: where to sell spare MGB parts ?
Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2024 7:53 pm
by Not_Anumber
I do keep wondering from time to time if there is another, more frequented UK based MGB forum everyone knows about except me.
Re: where to sell spare MGB parts ?
Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2024 8:05 pm
by Ian F
No other active UK forum that I frequent, but I have sold some Midget stuff to someone in the USA via MG experience forum. Some, or most, USA cars are so restricted there seems to be a market for UK parts. Carriage is obviously a major problem.
I will post a couple of references when I leave this thread to have a look
Ian F
Re: where to sell spare MGB parts ?
Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2024 8:09 pm
by Ian F
"MG Enthusiasts - home of the MG BBS"
https://www.mg-cars.org.uk
Not a very active site, but I look occasionally
Re: where to sell spare MGB parts ?
Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2024 8:11 pm
by Ian F
You probably know this one:
"MGB & GT Forum : The MG Experience"
https://www.mgexp.com/forum/mgb-and-gt-forum.1/
Re: where to sell spare MGB parts ?
Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2024 9:57 pm
by Not_Anumber
Thanks Ian
Re: where to sell spare MGB parts ?
Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2024 3:43 pm
by Ray Masters
If you are a member of the MG Car Club then “ Safety Fast “ magazine is an obvious choice . Good luck.
Re: where to sell spare MGB parts ?
Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2024 11:15 am
by Not_Anumber
The steering column and steering wheel sold straight away on Ebay