Page 1 of 1
67 roadster
Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2026 8:40 am
by John1956
I am struggling to complete the restoration of a 67 roadster. I need advice about the electrics and lights. Currently I have the dashboard ready and the loom in position but am unsure how to take it from there.There are a few other issues. I really need someone to come and just show me how to advance things whether they be a professional or someone with experiance.My project is going downhill fast otherwise. I more than happy to pay for the help. Anybody got any names? I am near Market Drayton Shopshire. Thanks John Hindmarsh
Re: 67 roadster
Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2026 12:52 pm
by Not_Anumber
The choice of whether to join one of the MG clubs is a personal thing and open to much debate but I note the MGOC website shows a local club meet in Shrewsbury amongst others across the East and West Midlands.
It could really be worth touching base with other MG owners local to you for their knowledge and opnion certainly before you embark on spending money with a professional restorer.
Re: 67 roadster
Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2026 3:14 pm
by John1956
Thanks for that constructive reply. I will look into that.
Re: 67 roadster
Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2026 8:21 pm
by Not_Anumber
Ive learned through decades of classic car restoration and ownership that maintaining motivation can be very difficult when one just isnt certain where to start, what decsions to make or whether it's worthwhile.
Talking to other owners invariably helps inject more optimism and positivity.
Please come back to the forum to let us know how you are getting on.
Re: 67 roadster
Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2026 12:51 pm
by Pjones
Hi. Please see the attached wiring diagrams, they are labelled according to the year of the car. Hopefully they may help, start at the fusebox and follow each coloured wire connecting as you go.