Rear hub oil seals
Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2026 5:25 pm
Hi all,
I have been working on my Mg's rear brakes / hubs today (1967 BGT).
I am rather confused - after removing the rear hubs on both sides to change the oil seals; the seals are different? The offside was as I expected, a rubber seal, but the nearside has what appears to be a metal seal or insert?
I am hesitant to remove or try to remove as I don't know what I am dealing with. Has anyone come across this before?
Thanks in advance for any advice or clues.
Thanks Neal
I have been working on my Mg's rear brakes / hubs today (1967 BGT).
I am rather confused - after removing the rear hubs on both sides to change the oil seals; the seals are different? The offside was as I expected, a rubber seal, but the nearside has what appears to be a metal seal or insert?
I am hesitant to remove or try to remove as I don't know what I am dealing with. Has anyone come across this before?
Thanks in advance for any advice or clues.
Thanks Neal