Page 1 of 1
Vinyl Roof repair
Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:52 pm
by James Atkins
I have a small 1/2 " cut in the vinyl roof of my MGB - any advice on the best way to repair it?
Thanks
Jim
Re: Vinyl Roof repair
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:58 am
by George Wilder
James
I had a very small tear in the hood of my 65 B. I don't use the hood much, more of an open car person in the better months and a hardtop in winter. However still needed a waterproof hood for when ever.
I used successfully a small bicycle puncture patch and the vulcanising glue to mend the hood from the inside. Able to get the tear to stick to the patch ok so that the tear is barely noticeable from outside and more importantly is waterproof.
Good luck
Re: Vinyl Roof repair
Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:07 pm
by James Atkins
Hi George
Thank you, I will have ago at this. The only thing is my roof is biscuit in colour but should be able to pull it tight together so hopefully you won't see the patch.
It was my mistake by putting the roof down with out releasing the rear studs!
Jim