Page 1 of 1

Problem logging on to the Forum

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:21 am
by Peter Cresswell
Hi everyone,
Over the last few days I have experienced problems logging on to the Forum from a notification email. If I take the first option in the email 'If you want to view the newest post made since your last visit, click the following link:' I get the Log in screen. Once I have put in my username and password on the Log in screen and clicked on 'Log in' , it puts me back to the Log in screen to enter Username and Password! I don't have a problem going directly to the Forum site and then logging on.
Is anyone else having this problem?

Re: Problem logging on to the Forum

Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:54 am
by John Watson
Hi Pete
Have not heard of any problem. Our forum designer and webmaster are looking at it now.
Many thanks for your support in ensuring questions are answered.
See you at MG Live
John

Re: Problem logging on to the Forum

Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:27 am
by Peter Cresswell
Hi John,
When I didn't get any replies I ran a strong anti-malware checker, and that found a PUP - Potentially Unwanted Programme. Getting that cleared out of the registry seems to have resolved my problem. I did seem to only affect me logging into the MGB Register Forum. Perhaps you can pass this on to the webmaster.

Re: Problem logging on to the Forum

Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:59 pm
by David Shannon
Hi Peter

Your findings concur with the server logs, there is a record of a redirect attempted on 12th October 2015, 7.32pm against your ID. That's usually caused by an advert, add-in or similar in your web browser.

In all, the MGB Register Forum appears to be healthy.

Many thanks,
David.

Re: Problem logging on to the Forum

Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:07 pm
by Peter Cresswell
Thanks David.