Page 1 of 1

sun roof

Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:58 pm
by roger askey
On page 34 of latest mgcc Maggy features Scott muntons gt .he has a deflector fitted to the top of the roof .does anyone know where you can get these ?.I imagine they keep the wind noise down .thanks

Re: sun roof

Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:22 pm
by David Broadhurst
I haven't bothered with wind deflector for mine. Had one on previous MGB GT and it was more bother than it was worth. I keep n/s back window open. That enables airflow and stops any buffeting. If noise is an issue close quarter lights, that is where most of wind noise is generated.

Re: sun roof

Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:42 am
by Dave Linkson
Hi,
Scott tells me it's from a Pug 308 and defo works, no buffering!

Re: sun roof

Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:10 am
by roger askey
Thanks so much - certainly looks good . My sunroof has a flip up plastic blade which is pretty useless and anyway i find you get wind noise from the roof when it is shut !. Will investigate this then.

Re: sun roof

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:36 pm
by David Halliday
Roger, I have a blade on my Weathershield Systems (Britax, I think) sunroof, it works very well. With the blade down there is a lot of buffeting and wind noise, with the blade up is it very comfortable and quiet.

I purchased a new blade last year from Littleport Boat Haven in Ely, Cambridgeshire. http://www.littleportboathaven.co.uk/index.htm It was very good quality and the fit was far better then the previous one that had cracked. I can highly recommend a decent blade.

Re: sun roof

Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:55 pm
by roger askey
Thanks for that David, most useful info
Cheers
Roger