Page 1 of 1

Correct position for wing mirrors

Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:05 pm
by Phil Henley
Just getting to the end of the restoration of my Grampian Grey BGT. One thing that is left to do (amongst many others!!) is to fit new wing mirrors. Can anyone tell me the correct position and style of mirror to go on the front wings for a 1967 model?
I want to make sure of the correct position and style before I start drilling holes as I want to keep it as original as possible.
Ta
phil

Re: Correct position for wing mirrors

Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:43 am
by George Wilder
Phil
I think back in 67 wing mirrors would be a dealer fit extra

Clausgaer lists the various types available

However in the interests of safety I would recommend fitting the Tex door mirrors from later 1970s cars. I have done so on my 65 roadster. Needed on motorways and motoring abroad

George

Re: Correct position for wing mirrors

Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:03 pm
by Dave Linkson
Hi Phil,

Would it be something like this with one on each wing, maybe with a more rectangular mirror head though? MGOC have them for about £66 per pair.. Gulp..

Re: Correct position for wing mirrors

Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:47 am
by Phil Henley
Hi Dave

Thanks for the photo - just need some measurements for position!!!!

Are they legit for Europe and motorways as per earlier response?

You GT looks good.

Phil