Page 1 of 1

Tin Alloy Fuel Catalysts

Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:55 pm
by David Broadhurst
Looking at Fuel catalyst for MGB and the Diesel vehicles. Appears to be a way to boost output whilst reducing emissions, cutting engine fuel burn temperatures so reducing top end wear, increasing mpg and keeping fuel in condition. It apparently puts back what the lead previously did in fuel including an octane boost to 98. Some interesting research published on the internet about it - mainly USA. It does seem to do what it says on the tin. Got a retired BMC Special Projects/ tuning/ Competitions engineer coming over for a chat about it. His talk at local Natter was very interesting. I'll keep you posted........

Re: Tin Alloy Fuel Catalysts

Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:59 pm
by David M B Leggeat
It seems similar to the metal alloy balls that I put in the petrol tank of my MGB, 22 years ago. The company selling the device had a stall at MGB30 at Donnington in 1992. The claims made at the time were the same as those claimed for this product.
I didn't observed any benefits.
Regards,

Re: Tin Alloy Fuel Catalysts

Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:56 am
by IanFF
This "technology" was confined to the rubbish bin many years ago I believe. Put in the same category as snake oil and other miracle cures............
Just my opinion of course,

IanF