Page 1 of 6

What did you do with your MG over the weekend.

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:52 am
by John Watson
Both of mine stayed in the garage, I did get a ride in Mike Parker's ZS to the MG Car Club Council meeting on Saturday.

Re: What did you do with your MG over the weekend.

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:10 pm
by ROGER COOPER
I moved it out of the garage on to the drive so I could get one of the Scotts out. Rog

Re: What did you do with your MG over the weekend.

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:58 pm
by Ian Dixon
I was busy raising the front and rear suspension, it is an MGB GT historic rally car.

Re: What did you do with your MG over the weekend.

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:19 pm
by Thomas Becks
I´m just building a new garage for the GT V8 and hope to be ready next weekend.

Re: What did you do with your MG over the weekend.

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:06 pm
by Peter Cresswell
Last weekend I took the offside front wing off to replace it. To be fair, it has taken a bit longer than last weekend to get the windscreen off and the bolts inside the car that hold the rear of the wing on!
The nearside wing is fine, so that was obviously replaced when the body was restored some years ago - probably around 1989 when the car was re-painted. The offside seems to have been repaired at that time and has lasted 24 years! I acquired a 'new old stock' wing last year and I've now found time to fit it.
It was with some anxiety when I removed the old wing as you never know what you will find underneath, but all is fine except the very front of the sill will need a small piece welding in where the wing curves over it as it is a bit thin, but not perforated there.

Re: What did you do with your MG over the weekend.

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:56 pm
by James Atkins
Gave mine a small run as the roads were dry, came back and fitted chrome reverse light surrounds, was going to fit two headlight protectors
but couldn't get my headlight rims off! will try again this weekend.

Re: What did you do with your MG over the weekend.

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:26 pm
by Ian Dixon
In the last week I have taken my 71 MGBGT on the Monte Carlo heritage run from Paisley to Reims, the only problem being a broken speedo cable mid way down France.

Re: What did you do with your MG over the weekend.

Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:55 pm
by John Watson
Ian. Congratulation on driving on the Monte Carlo Heritage event, how about a report for our newsletter?
John

Re: What did you do with your MG over the weekend.

Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:42 pm
by Peter Cresswell
Ian Dixon wrote:
> In the last week I have taken my 71 MGBGT on the Monte Carlo heritage run
> from Paisley to Reims, the only problem being a broken speedo cable mid way
> down France.

Did I read correctly in Classic Car Weekly that only 7 of the 72 starters in the Historique Rally made it from Paisley to Monte Carlo for the main body of the rally?

Re: What did you do with your MG over the weekend.

Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:58 pm
by Stuart Adams
I started my '62 Roadster and ran up to temperature, but did not take it off the drive and the council (for once!) decided to un-load what looked like the majority of Kents' salt distribution for the winter outside our house, as we live in a dead end it is going nowhere quickly!