Page 1 of 1

Newsletter emails

Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:38 am
by Dave Tilbury
Hi,
I'm new to this forum and reasonably new to the MGCC. Since I registered my MGB I have been receiving emails from the Register with the subject Newsletter#1.

"Welcome to the latest edition of our newsletter!
"We are happy to inform you about our new products and services.
"Happy reading!

Whilst they invite me to enjoy the newsletter and list the contents thee is no newsletter attached and the email contains no links to the newsletter.

I have considered that maybe the email is just a 'heads-up' to alert me to this newsletter being available on the MGB Register website but as yet I've been unable to find it. Can someone explain how I can access this newsletter, please?

Re: Newsletter emails

Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:12 am
by John Watson
Hi Dave
The MGB Register eNewsletter is separate to the forum.
If you want to register for it you can at mgb-register.org. Or contact [email protected].
Hope this helps
John

Re: Newsletter emails

Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:59 pm
by Dave Tilbury
Thanks John, I have registered for the newsletter; I receive an email that says 'Newsletter' yet there is no newsletter attached. There is mention of a single topic yet no link to a newsletter or better information. I wondered if it my browser but desktop or mobile, Safari or FireFox I cannot access a newsletter.

Re: Newsletter emails

Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:47 am
by John Kelly
I get exactly the same with the newsletter email. Anyone else have the problem?

Re: Newsletter emails

Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:41 pm
by Peter Cresswell
Hi Dave and John
The newsletter is almost always about a single topic and there are no attachments. The information is in the body of the email. This is usually headed by a picture underneath the title. If you can't see the picture there is small box with a cross in it the top left of the picture frame. Right click on this box, then left click on 'Download pictures' and all should be revealed! If you don't do this you will still find any text associated with the newsletter further down the page. It is a standard default in your security software to inhibit the download of pictures included in emails. This is to protect you from viruses embedded in the picture or images you don't wish to see. So it leaves it up to you to download the pictures if you recognise and trust the site they are coming from. The MGB Register is OK!

Re: Newsletter emails

Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:09 pm
by John Watson
Thanks Pete for your positive comments
Do we have any volunteers to take on the eNewsletter or website?

Re: Newsletter emails

Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:05 pm
by Dave Tilbury
Okay - thanks. So it's not really a newsletter but a notification. Semantics - raised expectations. Anyone following this thread should note that an email suppled above (for Vera@mgb) does not work. The response I got was 'no such mail box'.

Re: Newsletter emails

Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:23 pm
by Peter Cresswell
Hi Dave
Yes the 'Newsletter' is really more of a 'e-shot' about a particular topic, although sometimes is more to it than just 1 topic. I guess it depends on how much they want to communicate to Register members at a particular time.

Can you now see the 'Newsletters'?

Regarding the email - did you use the complete address [email protected]. or just vera@mgb ?

Re: Newsletter emails

Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:47 pm
by John Watson
Dear Dave and Pete
My mistake the email for Vera is [email protected]