Page 1 of 1
Soundproofing and quarter light draft
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:23 pm
by Stephen Aitken
Has anyone sound proofed the interior? I’m going to relay new carpets and wonder if it really is worth putting some underlay down. Also have quite a draft coming from the drivers quarter window - I just can’t see any obvious gaps. I’m assuming the rubber may have perished somewhere but too be honest looks ok - anyone had anything similar?
Thanks
S
Re: Soundproofing and quarter light draft
Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:09 am
by David M B Leggeat
I have fitted additional felt underlay / accoustic layer in the past and didn't find it made much improvement to noise insulation.
I use house carpet rubber underlay in the footwells of my C GT.
There are specially designed rubber / polyurethane accoustic layers available now; Dynamat is one example.
MirrorTrim, who have advertised in 'Safety Fast' stock, I think, another brand.
Regards,
David.