Search found 15 matches
- Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:07 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: MGBGT door hinge problems
- Replies: 2
- Views: 7078
MGBGT door hinge problems
I am eventually starting to put my BGT back together and before fitting the doors I have noticed the driver and passenger door top hinges are quite stiff to move and the lower ones have some up and down play in them. I seem to remember being told the up and lower hinges are different but both look ...
- Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:33 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Free Tickets Spring Run Sudeley Castle 12th April
- Replies: 2
- Views: 6946
Re: Free Tickets Spring Run Sudeley Castle 12th April
Sorry folks - these tickets have now gone.
- Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:50 am
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Free Tickets Spring Run Sudeley Castle 12th April
- Replies: 2
- Views: 6946
Free Tickets Spring Run Sudeley Castle 12th April
I have a voucher for two tickets to the MGB Register Spring Run to Sudeley Castle Gloucestershire for this Sunday 12th April. I am unable to attend owing to a knee injury that prevents me driving my MGB so I am offering them to any MGCC member who can collect the voucher from Oliver's Battery ...
- Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:48 am
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: MGB Register AGM
- Replies: 5
- Views: 10268
Re: MGB Register AGM
Hi John,
Sorry I was unable to attend the AGM, I had intended to come along, but I had to be in several places at once over the weekend. Unfortunately the AGM clashed with Mothering Sunday, and I had been invited to a friends Wake, He has terminal cancer and decided to have the Wake while he was ...
Sorry I was unable to attend the AGM, I had intended to come along, but I had to be in several places at once over the weekend. Unfortunately the AGM clashed with Mothering Sunday, and I had been invited to a friends Wake, He has terminal cancer and decided to have the Wake while he was ...
- Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:51 am
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: What did you do with your MG over the weekend.
- Replies: 56
- Views: 113245
Re: What did you do with your MG over the weekend.
Last weekend and probably for the next couple of weekends I am sorting out the passenger door shut lines (might even replace the door!) and fitting the ALDON electronic distributor I bought last week. I managed to get the B out for a run down to Romsey and back just to blow the cobwebs out of her ...
- Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:54 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Replacement Distributor
- Replies: 14
- Views: 32930
Re: Replacement Distributor
Hi John,
Yes I've e-mailed them for some more details.
Happy New Year
David
Yes I've e-mailed them for some more details.
Happy New Year
David
- Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:47 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Replacement Distributor
- Replies: 14
- Views: 32930
Re: Replacement Distributor
Hi Dave,
My distributor is definitely in need of replacement, on return from Cornwall I checked it out and found quite a lot of play in the shaft, to my knowledge it is the original 1972 dizzy!! I have been in touch with the Distributor Doctor and others and find the prices are very similar for the ...
My distributor is definitely in need of replacement, on return from Cornwall I checked it out and found quite a lot of play in the shaft, to my knowledge it is the original 1972 dizzy!! I have been in touch with the Distributor Doctor and others and find the prices are very similar for the ...
- Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:31 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Replacement Distributor
- Replies: 14
- Views: 32930
Re: Replacement Distributor
Hi John,
Many thanks for the information, sorry for the delay in replying - have got man flu at the moment. I had hoped a new dizzy would be under the Christmas tree, but grand daughter told me that I had been a bit naughty and used some rude words when I was fixing my MGB so no new dizzy! I will be ...
Many thanks for the information, sorry for the delay in replying - have got man flu at the moment. I had hoped a new dizzy would be under the Christmas tree, but grand daughter told me that I had been a bit naughty and used some rude words when I was fixing my MGB so no new dizzy! I will be ...
- Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:50 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Replacement Distributor
- Replies: 14
- Views: 32930
Re: Replacement Distributor
Thanks David for the info, I have heard that the electronics coming out of China recently are pretty rubbish, and that some major EU car makers are changing suppliers back to Europe or the USA. I am going to have a look a the alternatives including Aldon, I don't need the sophisticated set up 123 ...
- Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:41 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: MGB TOOLS AND SPARES TO CARRY
- Replies: 11
- Views: 30367
Re: MGB TOOLS AND SPARES TO CARRY
I suppose the US spec cars could use their trunks to put their elephants in!!!
I took just about everything I could think of to the Cornish weekend, and only used a very small screwdriver and pliers to fix my wife's glasses and a spanner to tighten the fan belt in 828 miles, (it was the longest ...
I took just about everything I could think of to the Cornish weekend, and only used a very small screwdriver and pliers to fix my wife's glasses and a spanner to tighten the fan belt in 828 miles, (it was the longest ...