Search found 8 matches

by Kerry Schofield
Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:05 am
Forum: MGB General
Topic: What did you do with your MG over the weekend.
Replies: 56
Views: 113237

Re: What did you do with your MG over the weekend.

With new door locks fitted, the car was entered at Autokarna, a large classic (and modern) case show at Wollaton Hall. Nottingham. Had a good day despite the cold and wind with several compliments on the car and chats with other petrolheads.
by Kerry Schofield
Thu May 28, 2015 9:27 am
Forum: MGB General
Topic: What did you do with your MG over the weekend.
Replies: 56
Views: 113237

Re: What did you do with your MG over the weekend.

Since buying the car in early April, I have been away for a few weeks, so last Sunday was its first real run from home to Burghey House where not only was a Game fair on, but my wife and daughter were competing with their dogs at a Flyball competition. The "boys" in the club were interested to see ...
by Kerry Schofield
Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:08 pm
Forum: MGB General
Topic: New member - first MGB, a GT
Replies: 7
Views: 15076

Re: New member - first MGB, a GT

We'll see. Apparently I have been told the dog competition may not happen after all. So you never know.
by Kerry Schofield
Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:43 pm
Forum: MGB General
Topic: New member - first MGB, a GT
Replies: 7
Views: 15076

Re: New member - first MGB, a GT

Yup! Been there! But didn't read it properl! 20/21June. At either Shelsley Breskfast Club or Coventry the previous weekend and Cadwell historic the weekend after so I think I'll have used up my June pass-outs! And there's a dog competition the 20/21st too, so most unlikely to make it this year I'm ...
by Kerry Schofield
Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:09 pm
Forum: MGB General
Topic: New member - first MGB, a GT
Replies: 7
Views: 15076

Re: New member - first MGB, a GT

Thanks, John. I found the announcement of the B GT in my October 1965 Motor Show issue of The Autocar!! In glorious half-tone!
I have been looking for the dates for MG Live but it's not obvious go me when it is. I am on the iPhone and the main MGCC doesn't seem to work too well on it.
I have ...
by Kerry Schofield
Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:46 pm
Forum: MGB General
Topic: New member - first MGB, a GT
Replies: 7
Views: 15076

Re: New member - first MGB, a GT

Meant to say that when I bought the MX5 I was also looking for an RV8 which, at the time, were about the same price. Financial error. MX5 depreciated, RV8 appreciated.
by Kerry Schofield
Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:11 pm
Forum: MGB General
Topic: What did you do with your MG over the weekend.
Replies: 56
Views: 113237

Re: What did you do with your MG over the weekend.

I drove the one I agreed to buy
by Kerry Schofield
Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:16 pm
Forum: MGB General
Topic: New member - first MGB, a GT
Replies: 7
Views: 15076

New member - first MGB, a GT

Hello all
Having agreed to buy a 1972/73 GT last weekend, I collect it after Easter. When I have it, I shall enter details into the register, unless it's already there of course. The car was manufactured in 1972 but first registered in March 1973. It's Teal Blue with black interior and overdrive ...