Search found 42 matches
- Sat May 27, 2017 11:53 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Garage Jacks
- Replies: 4
- Views: 12226
Re: Garage Jacks
I note the hydraulic jacks are mentioned. I have two of these in trolley jack configuration. One is for general garage use, the other is built into my motorcycle workbench. Both are good quality jacks but both of them cannot be relied upon to stay up, so if you use a hydraulic jack you must also ...
- Fri May 26, 2017 10:03 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: LED bulbs
- Replies: 8
- Views: 25768
Re: LED bulbs
Your experience Peter on alternative lamps and bulbs is good news - I have printed the page for future reference and may now convert from my TOC-H candles to something a little better.
Good point to check is the security and cleanliness of any joints on the supply leads to the lamps and also to ...
Good point to check is the security and cleanliness of any joints on the supply leads to the lamps and also to ...
- Fri May 26, 2017 9:55 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Rocker arms
- Replies: 2
- Views: 8733
Re: Rocker arms
A small aside to the matter of rocker arms and tappet clearances. On a recent MGB Register event I was having trouble with very lumpy idling. After a bit of thought I decided this might be down to valve seat recession allowing the valves to seat deeper into the head and take up the tappet clearance ...
- Fri May 26, 2017 9:46 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: MGB Batteries
- Replies: 7
- Views: 21393
Re: MGB Batteries
That sounds like a good move, Vic. Hope I can remember when my fairly recently fitted 12 volt battery dies. As for the slight electrical leakage, this is something I came across some years ago and overcame (but no cured) by fitting a master switch (as fitted on competition cars) on the carpeted ...
- Fri May 26, 2017 9:39 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Petrol quality
- Replies: 5
- Views: 14089
Re: Petrol quality
Just to contradict everybody my '74 GT runs happily on Sainsbury's 97 octane.
A quick question tor you Vic - why are you saying "oh for Cleveland Discol" when we are all moaning about the addition of ethanol, which is alcohol. Discol was a petrol/alcohol mix but no-one seemed to have a problem with ...
A quick question tor you Vic - why are you saying "oh for Cleveland Discol" when we are all moaning about the addition of ethanol, which is alcohol. Discol was a petrol/alcohol mix but no-one seemed to have a problem with ...
- Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:47 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: DON HAYTER
- Replies: 6
- Views: 17819
Re: DON HAYTER
Our very special birthday wishes to you Don!
Without you there would have been no MGB and without our MGB we could not have met so many wonderful people, driven to so many wonderful places and had so many really enjoyable times. There is no way we can ever thank you enough for pleasure you have ...
Without you there would have been no MGB and without our MGB we could not have met so many wonderful people, driven to so many wonderful places and had so many really enjoyable times. There is no way we can ever thank you enough for pleasure you have ...
- Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:21 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Spluttering and backfiring
- Replies: 17
- Views: 43833
Re: Spluttering and backfiring
Just a little worried, chaps, about the use of a pan scourer to separate HT leads. Did you know there are metallic pan scourers as well as the plastic ones? - and, NO, I don't mean Brillo Pads.
Can't be a barrel of laughs holding a metal pan scourer between two HT leads with poor insulation!!
Can't be a barrel of laughs holding a metal pan scourer between two HT leads with poor insulation!!
- Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:48 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: "Loose MGB 1978"
- Replies: 2
- Views: 9024
Re: "Loose MGB 1978"
Probably the most important area is the front suspension. If it is too loose the car will not steer a well as it should and it can fail the mot. Keep it well greased!!
- Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:08 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Who is going to MG Live 2015 - 20th 21st June
- Replies: 14
- Views: 35446
Re: Who is going to MG Live 2015 - 20th 21st June
Hi John,
Normally I would be there but this year I have other commitments - have a great weekend, I am sure the Denton MGB will go down a storm!
Rog
Normally I would be there but this year I have other commitments - have a great weekend, I am sure the Denton MGB will go down a storm!
Rog
- Tue May 05, 2015 3:08 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: New member, restoration puzzle question
- Replies: 5
- Views: 14494
Re: New member, restoration puzzle question
Hi Mick,
This sort of major restoration is way beyond me but I remember years ago talking to Ron Gammons who was relating the story of someone who consulted him on much the same subject for a ROADSTER. Ron told me he nearly had a fit when the guy said he had removed the Sills and Castle Rails on ...
This sort of major restoration is way beyond me but I remember years ago talking to Ron Gammons who was relating the story of someone who consulted him on much the same subject for a ROADSTER. Ron told me he nearly had a fit when the guy said he had removed the Sills and Castle Rails on ...