will Moss 7 bladed fan bolt on without drilling?

Technical MGB discussion
Post Reply
Robinson
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:25 pm
Forename: David
Surname: Robinson
MGOC Member: Yes

will Moss 7 bladed fan bolt on without drilling?

Post by Robinson »

Has anyone fitted a Moss 7 bladed fan?
I have asked Moss technical if it will bolt straight on without drilling new holes like the one from the mgoc.
They did not know
User avatar
Peter Cresswell
Posts: 763
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:05 am
Forename: Pete
Surname: Cresswell
MGCC Member: Yes
Location: Stone, Staffordshire

Re: will Moss 7 bladed fan bolt on without drilling?

Post by Peter Cresswell »

I would order it via a phone call and tell them if it is not a straight swap you will return it. However I must say I have found their technical people to be very good if you used the email enquiry facility. The Moss catalogue does suggest it is a direct replacement.

Your post does raise the question as to why you think you need the US spec fan? I have found the 3 blade fan to be fine unless the engine has been substantially modified. I have also found the Moss Radiator shroud to be very effective - in fact in France last summer when the temperatures were around what we are experiencing at the moment the car never over heated, even after running at 70 - 75 mph on the Autoroute and coming to a stop for 20 minutes or so.
Pete
1969 MGB Roadster
2024 MG 3 Hybrid+

40 cars since 1965
including 14 MGs in total
Robinson
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:25 pm
Forename: David
Surname: Robinson
MGOC Member: Yes

Re: will Moss 7 bladed fan bolt on without drilling?

Post by Robinson »

Thanks for comments,
Wanted to give the engine every chance. I recently fitted the Moss tourist trophy exhaust and the KN induction kit car runs and breaths so much better.
I will have a look at the Moss shroud
Post Reply