TLX100M

General MGB discussion
Post Reply
Mrbenn
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:15 pm
Forename: Ben
Surname: Norley
MGOC Member: Yes

TLX100M

Post by Mrbenn »

Does anyone know where this car is? I used to belong to my mother who gave it to my grandad. It's the first car I remember being in. I know it changed hands in 2017 and is currently SORN.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
BarryD
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2024 8:07 am
Forename: Barry
Surname: D
MGCC Member: Yes

Re: TLX100M

Post by BarryD »

Might help, if you gave it’s colour (as your remember) and if it’s a GT or a roadster. I know my ‘78 roadster has worn three different number plates. :D
Mrbenn
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:15 pm
Forename: Ben
Surname: Norley
MGOC Member: Yes

Re: TLX100M

Post by Mrbenn »

It was Blaze as I remember it. The Tax checker says it's red and a photo I've seen online of it shows it in the same colour. But that's all the info I can find. I know my dad would like it back.
Not_Anumber
Posts: 414
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:33 am
Forename: Chris
Surname: S
Location: UK

Re: TLX100M

Post by Not_Anumber »

The more information you can gather the greater the chance of tracking it down. Do you have the VIN number & as Barry asked, is it a GT or a roadster ?
1979 MGB GT
1999 Jaguar XKR
2003 MG TF
Mrbenn
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:15 pm
Forename: Ben
Surname: Norley
MGOC Member: Yes

Re: TLX100M

Post by Mrbenn »

It's a GT. That's all the information I've got. I know it had full rebuild done in about 1985. But I think my grandad sold it in about 92/93 to buy one of the last 205 GTi's. That's the last time I saw it.
User avatar
Adrian Oliver
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:31 pm
Forename: Adrian
Surname: Oliver
MGCC Member: Yes
Location: Surrey

Re: TLX100M

Post by Adrian Oliver »

Interestingly I owned TLX105M from 1985 until 1993.
It was a Midget supplied by Sprinzle of Lancaster Mews in London.
John Sprinzle sold cars from his mews garage, complete with a chrome and blue Sprinzle badge above the rear number plate.
I'm not sure if his cars were modified in any way, mine had telescopic rear suspension and was quite fast though!
1962 Chelsea Grey MGB
Ian F
Posts: 1085
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:18 am
Forename: Ian
Surname: F
MGCC Member: Yes

Re: TLX100M

Post by Ian F »

A Sprinzle Midget would be very nice!

Ian F
MGCC member
1972 BGT, Blaze, Navy trim, recessed grill
1961 Midget, 948cc, now sold
Geoff Norcliffe
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:43 pm
Forename: Geoff
Surname: Norcliffe
MGCC Member: Yes

Re: TLX100M

Post by Geoff Norcliffe »

My first BGT, bought 50 years ago was a 1966 John Sprinzle car and the engine was far sharper than each of the ones that I have owned since. The man I bought it from used to drive it from Yorkshire to Sprinzle's in London to have it serviced. The car became the deposit on our first house...
Post Reply