Put the hood up on the B for the first time in ages and found that the rear plastic ? Window is very buckled.
Has any one any ideas as to how or whether it is even possible to straighten out.
Any (sensible) suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks in advance.
Roadster rear window plastic
- Steven collins
- Posts: 148
- Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:20 am
- Forename: Steve
- Surname: C
- MGCC Member: Yes
- MGOC Member: Yes
- Location: North Essex
-
Not_Anumber
- Posts: 415
- Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:33 am
- Forename: Chris
- Surname: S
- Location: UK
Re: Roadster rear window plastic
Gentle heat from a hair drier or fan heater
Will help but careful not to overdo it
Will help but careful not to overdo it
1979 MGB GT
1999 Jaguar XKR
2003 MG TF
1999 Jaguar XKR
2003 MG TF
- Steven collins
- Posts: 148
- Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:20 am
- Forename: Steve
- Surname: C
- MGCC Member: Yes
- MGOC Member: Yes
- Location: North Essex
Re: Roadster rear window plastic
I had thought of that but was quite hesitant to try but there again no pain no gain.
Thank you for replying, will let you know how it get in.
Thank you for replying, will let you know how it get in.
Re: Roadster rear window plastic
The packaway hood on my Midget is obviously different, but the materials will be similar.
In cold weather I assemble the hood as best I can on the car, and then leave a fan heater inside to get it quite warm. This is the only way to get it to fit. Not a window problem, but the approach might help the window back into shape.
When stowing the hood I am very careful not to fold the three plastic windows. I fold the two side windows inwards and then roll up the whole thing - not too tight!
Ian F
In cold weather I assemble the hood as best I can on the car, and then leave a fan heater inside to get it quite warm. This is the only way to get it to fit. Not a window problem, but the approach might help the window back into shape.
When stowing the hood I am very careful not to fold the three plastic windows. I fold the two side windows inwards and then roll up the whole thing - not too tight!
Ian F
MGCC member
1972 BGT, Blaze, Navy trim, recessed grill
1961 Midget, 948cc, now sold
1972 BGT, Blaze, Navy trim, recessed grill
1961 Midget, 948cc, now sold
- Steven collins
- Posts: 148
- Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:20 am
- Forename: Steve
- Surname: C
- MGCC Member: Yes
- MGOC Member: Yes
- Location: North Essex
Re: Roadster rear window plastic
I actually have an original pack away frame for the B and have been contemplating putting it back on the B that way the hood would be better stored/protected as it does not really get used much.
Anyway onwards and upwards, hopefully later this week I will try and get those wrinkles out of the plastic- wondering if it might help those wrinkles that have appeared on me over the time
Anyway onwards and upwards, hopefully later this week I will try and get those wrinkles out of the plastic- wondering if it might help those wrinkles that have appeared on me over the time