I do think it's heat related though as when cold it works fine for 5-10 minutes then gradually gets worse, by 20 minutes it's completely locked up
Clutch
-
James covey
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:51 pm
- Forename: James
- Surname: Covey
- MGCC Member: Yes
Re: Clutch
Still haven't diagnosed it yet, i am ordering a new clutch master cylinder and
.
I do think it's heat related though as when cold it works fine for 5-10 minutes then gradually gets worse, by 20 minutes it's completely locked up
I do think it's heat related though as when cold it works fine for 5-10 minutes then gradually gets worse, by 20 minutes it's completely locked up
-
Not_Anumber
- Posts: 414
- Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:33 am
- Forename: Chris
- Surname: S
- Location: UK
Re: Clutch
I had trouble with my clutch master cylinder and whilst looking for a replacement heard the type used on MGCs and the large Triumphs were stronger plus easier to bleed. It cost noticeably less than the standard part but is a better component IMHO.
It needed a few mins work with a dremel in order to fit it to the B's pedal box and has been excellent.
It needed a few mins work with a dremel in order to fit it to the B's pedal box and has been excellent.
1979 MGB GT
1999 Jaguar XKR
2003 MG TF
1999 Jaguar XKR
2003 MG TF