I have recently noticed that one of our regular contributors hasn't been on the forum for many months.
Does anyone know if Pete Cresswell is well and still enjoying his rally MGB?
Ian F
Stone, Staffordshire
Stone, Staffordshire
MGCC member
1972 BGT, Blaze, Navy trim, recessed grill
1961 Midget, 948cc, now sold
1972 BGT, Blaze, Navy trim, recessed grill
1961 Midget, 948cc, now sold
- Peter Cresswell
- Posts: 763
- Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:05 am
- Forename: Pete
- Surname: Cresswell
- MGCC Member: Yes
- Location: Stone, Staffordshire
Re: Stone, Staffordshire
Hi Ian
Thank you for your 'Concern'!
I am very much alive and well and still enjoying my MGB, although the rally aspirations haven't been fully achieved! I'll make an update post under 'MGBs in Competition' later.
I discovered the MGB Register Facebook page and have been answering queries on there which generally required shorter answers than here. BUT there is a lot of repetitive questions which can be a bit frustrating as there is no database of answers! There is an amazing level of ignorance about what is really a quite simple car on there, with people in the US and Down Under preferring to take their car to someone to get it fixed. I guess it is a 'move on' from the immersive hobby base to just wanting to own it, show it or drive it very little. I have sensed a bit of this happening in the UK and for some of the Tours I have organised I have been the only MGB, whereas 10 years ago there would have been at least half a dozen. Times change I guess!
I am doing a small outing at the end of August which is a charity day at Curborough. The runs are only 'Demonstrations' but it is quite good fun and my eldest daughter is entered in the MGB as well. This will be her first time on a track having passed her driving test at the beginning of last year.
I'm not sure if I will have time at present to be as active as I was in the past but at lease I have managed to logon here, having forgotten my user name and password!
Pete
Thank you for your 'Concern'!
I am very much alive and well and still enjoying my MGB, although the rally aspirations haven't been fully achieved! I'll make an update post under 'MGBs in Competition' later.
I discovered the MGB Register Facebook page and have been answering queries on there which generally required shorter answers than here. BUT there is a lot of repetitive questions which can be a bit frustrating as there is no database of answers! There is an amazing level of ignorance about what is really a quite simple car on there, with people in the US and Down Under preferring to take their car to someone to get it fixed. I guess it is a 'move on' from the immersive hobby base to just wanting to own it, show it or drive it very little. I have sensed a bit of this happening in the UK and for some of the Tours I have organised I have been the only MGB, whereas 10 years ago there would have been at least half a dozen. Times change I guess!
I am doing a small outing at the end of August which is a charity day at Curborough. The runs are only 'Demonstrations' but it is quite good fun and my eldest daughter is entered in the MGB as well. This will be her first time on a track having passed her driving test at the beginning of last year.
I'm not sure if I will have time at present to be as active as I was in the past but at lease I have managed to logon here, having forgotten my user name and password!
Pete
Pete
1969 MGB Roadster
2024 MG 3 Hybrid+
40 cars since 1965
including 14 MGs in total
1969 MGB Roadster
2024 MG 3 Hybrid+
40 cars since 1965
including 14 MGs in total
-
Not_Anumber
- Posts: 414
- Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:33 am
- Forename: Chris
- Surname: S
- Location: UK
Re: Stone, Staffordshire
Good to hear you are still about on the forum.
Facebook pages are no comparison with a forum.
FB has its place - albeit chiefly pics of shiny cars and the repetitive asking of questions that have been asked a zillion times already
Facebook pages are no comparison with a forum.
FB has its place - albeit chiefly pics of shiny cars and the repetitive asking of questions that have been asked a zillion times already
1979 MGB GT
1999 Jaguar XKR
2003 MG TF
1999 Jaguar XKR
2003 MG TF
- Peter Cresswell
- Posts: 763
- Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:05 am
- Forename: Pete
- Surname: Cresswell
- MGCC Member: Yes
- Location: Stone, Staffordshire
Re: Stone, Staffordshire
Hi Ian,
Having managed to logon almost a year ago, I promptly forgot the password again and after three attempts I got locked out! I have now managed to change my password to one I can remember.
I did the Curbourough Charity Meeting in August last year, with my eldest daughter driving as well. She enjoyed it so much she is doing it again this year. She had never driven an 'old' car without power steering, competition brake pads with no brake servo, hard suspension, and limited grip. We did a few miles around local roads the day before and she took to it like there proverbial duck to water. She then drove down to Curborough in the morning and we did one run with me driving to show her the way round, then another with her driving. She was absolutely at home with it, beaming from ear to ear by the end of the day.
So it is good to be back on the forum. I just need to catch up with the threads...
Pete
Having managed to logon almost a year ago, I promptly forgot the password again and after three attempts I got locked out! I have now managed to change my password to one I can remember.
I did the Curbourough Charity Meeting in August last year, with my eldest daughter driving as well. She enjoyed it so much she is doing it again this year. She had never driven an 'old' car without power steering, competition brake pads with no brake servo, hard suspension, and limited grip. We did a few miles around local roads the day before and she took to it like there proverbial duck to water. She then drove down to Curborough in the morning and we did one run with me driving to show her the way round, then another with her driving. She was absolutely at home with it, beaming from ear to ear by the end of the day.
So it is good to be back on the forum. I just need to catch up with the threads...
Pete
Pete
1969 MGB Roadster
2024 MG 3 Hybrid+
40 cars since 1965
including 14 MGs in total
1969 MGB Roadster
2024 MG 3 Hybrid+
40 cars since 1965
including 14 MGs in total