Search found 763 matches
- Tue Jun 09, 2026 8:37 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: MX5 into MGB GT engine swap
- Replies: 39
- Views: 136533
Re: MX5 into MGB GT engine swap
By doing this you could lose your VED Historic Tax privilege, and your MOT exemption. It depends a bit on how far you go with the work, but the Mazda engine will count against keeping the status as it is not an engine fitted in period by the factory. You will need to look into both aspects - the ...
- Tue Jun 09, 2026 1:41 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Stone, Staffordshire
- Replies: 3
- Views: 296904
Re: Stone, Staffordshire
Hi Ian,
Having managed to logon almost a year ago, I promptly forgot the password again and after three attempts I got locked out! I have now managed to change my password to one I can remember.
I did the Curbourough Charity Meeting in August last year, with my eldest daughter driving as well. She ...
Having managed to logon almost a year ago, I promptly forgot the password again and after three attempts I got locked out! I have now managed to change my password to one I can remember.
I did the Curbourough Charity Meeting in August last year, with my eldest daughter driving as well. She ...
- Tue Jun 09, 2026 1:14 pm
- Forum: MGBs in Competition
- Topic: Rollover rear cage for MG BGT
- Replies: 2
- Views: 412646
Re: Rollover rear cage for MG BGT
Talk to MGB Hive. They seem to have the best prices for the roll cage so are likely to know the answers to your questions.
- Wed Jul 23, 2025 3:15 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Stone, Staffordshire
- Replies: 3
- Views: 296904
Re: Stone, Staffordshire
Hi Ian
Thank you for your 'Concern'!
I am very much alive and well and still enjoying my MGB, although the rally aspirations haven't been fully achieved! I'll make an update post under 'MGBs in Competition' later.
I discovered the MGB Register Facebook page and have been answering queries on there ...
Thank you for your 'Concern'!
I am very much alive and well and still enjoying my MGB, although the rally aspirations haven't been fully achieved! I'll make an update post under 'MGBs in Competition' later.
I discovered the MGB Register Facebook page and have been answering queries on there ...
- Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:05 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Seasons Greetings
- Replies: 5
- Views: 32542
Seasons Greetings
Is there a better way of celebrating Christmas with my MGB of 10 years than featuring it in a memorable MGB advert?
Happy Christmas and best wishes for the New Year
Pete
Happy Christmas and best wishes for the New Year
Pete
- Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:35 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Queen Elizabeth II
- Replies: 3
- Views: 25251
Re: Queen Elizabeth II
This picture has appeared on the MGB Register Facebook page in recent days.
It might be a photoshop, or an MGB photobombing an informal picture. It is nice all the same.
- Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:47 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Snowberry White
- Replies: 6
- Views: 28021
Re: Snowberry White
Snowberry White was the second white colour in the BMC range. It followed on from Old English White which was quite a creamy colour - about the same as Double Cream. Snowberry White was a bit 'Whiter' about the colour of Single Cream - it shouldn't have a minty (green?) hue to it. As mentioned above ...
- Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:10 am
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Leaking cap on the clutch reservoir
- Replies: 10
- Views: 81568
Re: Leaking cap on the clutch reservoir
I am wondering if the leaking cap stems from a mismatch in the clutch hydraulic system you now have. The MGC and the MGB use different master and slave cylinders and by having an MGC master Cylinder and MGB slave cylinder, is the system is forcing fluid back into the master cylinder. The MGB master ...
- Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:42 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Engine coolant blanking
- Replies: 2
- Views: 24773
Re: Engine coolant blanking
Hi Ken,
First off I would discuss your general engine problems with whoever supplied the engine. They may know why it is prone to overheating and running on.
Many engine preparation people don't recommend going to 1950cc as the bore walls become so thin from the machining, causing them to flex and ...
First off I would discuss your general engine problems with whoever supplied the engine. They may know why it is prone to overheating and running on.
Many engine preparation people don't recommend going to 1950cc as the bore walls become so thin from the machining, causing them to flex and ...
- Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:10 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Starting problems
- Replies: 8
- Views: 44120
Re: Starting problems
The main earth for the starter motor, is on the left hand side (nearside in the UK) of the engine and connects the front mounting plate of the engine to the body side of the engine mount. This picture shows the arrangement:
MGB Earth.jpg
The usual issue that stops this working is the braided strap ...
MGB Earth.jpg
The usual issue that stops this working is the braided strap ...