I sold my MGB several years ago, but I am still clearing out some spares. I have a pair of half shafts for a disc wheel banjo axle, Part No BTB336.
They are new old stock which I bought from a recognised MG supplier many years ago for £30, 'just in case I needed them', but fortunately I did not ...
Search found 31 matches
- Wed Aug 26, 2026 10:27 am
- Forum: Parts For Sale/Wanted
- Topic: For Sale Half shafts for banjo axle (NOS)
- Replies: 0
- Views: 11
- Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:21 am
- Forum: Parts For Sale/Wanted
- Topic: FOR SALE for Early MGB parts - updated 18.11.22
- Replies: 5
- Views: 14325
Re: FOR SALE for Early MGB parts - updated 21.4.22
Hood now SOLD
- Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:38 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Differences between packaway hood and foldaway hood?
- Replies: 0
- Views: 89570
Differences between packaway hood and foldaway hood?
Many years ago I bought a 'new old stock' hood for my '64 B but only used it once. Now that I have sold my B I want to sell the hood, I know it fits a packaway frame. But would it fit a fold away frame?
The header rail has the holes to attach a folding frame, and there is one internal attachment ...
The header rail has the holes to attach a folding frame, and there is one internal attachment ...
- Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:00 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Strobe timing at tickover or high revs
- Replies: 33
- Views: 54567
Re: Strobe timing at tickover or high revs
I went to a John Twist workshop at MGOC about 5 years ago, and I did make some notes on how he set up the 'B' . I'll see if I can find the notes. From memory he was setting things up very advanced, and recommended a tickover of 1000 rpm (I use 750 and if I remember the book says 600).
If you look ...
If you look ...
- Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:06 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Strobe timing at tickover or high revs
- Replies: 33
- Views: 54567
Re: Strobe timing at tickover or high revs
I have found the original chart on the MGA Guru website: https://www.mgaguru.com/ go to 'Tech' and look for article IG126P
I have checked the chart and there are no typos.
I have just seen the info at the bottom of each page which is:-
www.starchak.ca www.TDCperformance.ca Copyright 2006 TDC ...
I have checked the chart and there are no typos.
I have just seen the info at the bottom of each page which is:-
www.starchak.ca www.TDCperformance.ca Copyright 2006 TDC ...
- Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:43 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Strobe timing at tickover or high revs
- Replies: 33
- Views: 54567
Re: Strobe timing at tickover or high revs
I saved a document from the web called:- lucas_distributor_specs_pdf I can't remember where it came from. Possibly the Distributor Doctor.
This is what it says about the 41288
Service Number:41288A. Model 25D4. Rotation CCW.
RPM 1 1500, Advance1 10 + or- 1degree .
RPM 2 800 Advance2 9 + or ...
This is what it says about the 41288
Service Number:41288A. Model 25D4. Rotation CCW.
RPM 1 1500, Advance1 10 + or- 1degree .
RPM 2 800 Advance2 9 + or ...
- Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:04 am
- Forum: Parts For Sale/Wanted
- Topic: FOR SALE for Early MGB parts - updated 18.11.22
- Replies: 5
- Views: 14325
Re: FOR SALE for Early MGB parts
I got it wrong! During the clear out of paperwork i have just found the original order and it came from Sprite and Midget Centre. The hood clips are not chrome as you can see in the photo. If interested please PM me with an offer.
- Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:52 pm
- Forum: Parts For Sale/Wanted
- Topic: FOR SALE for Early MGB parts - updated 18.11.22
- Replies: 5
- Views: 14325
Re: FOR SALE for Early MGB parts
Hood is in brand new condition - I purchased it many years ago when Moss were having a clear out. It was made by the original suppliers, Coventry Hoods and Seating. I kept it in its' original plastic bag for many years but fitted it once 2 years ago to take valuation photos. I had to struggle to ...
- Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:17 pm
- Forum: Parts For Sale/Wanted
- Topic: FOR SALE for Early MGB parts - updated 18.11.22
- Replies: 5
- Views: 14325
FOR SALE for Early MGB parts - updated 18.11.22
After 43 years of ownership I have sold my MGB and I'm now clearing out an accumulation of 7 boxes of spares. Main items are listed below, please PM me for a list.
ALLOY BONNET - not perfect condition, might suit a race car. PM me for photos.
Complete ROCKER GEAR- no wear £35
Rear fill early ...
ALLOY BONNET - not perfect condition, might suit a race car. PM me for photos.
Complete ROCKER GEAR- no wear £35
Rear fill early ...
- Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:04 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Cellulose paint suppliers
- Replies: 19
- Views: 35161
Re: Cellulose paint suppliers
You could try:
www.brookspaints.com I've had colours matched by them. They are about a mile from M25 J28 in Essex
www.brookspaints.com I've had colours matched by them. They are about a mile from M25 J28 in Essex