Shock absorbers have no effect on ride height whatsoever.
They are purely there as a damper of spring action.
Perhaps the rear springs have been tempered differently?
If you transposed the left to right and right to left you would know.
Search found 59 matches
- Fri Mar 27, 2026 4:01 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Rear suspension height
- Replies: 7
- Views: 270122
- Fri Mar 27, 2026 3:52 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Exhaust Front Pipe Seals -which way up?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 76512
Re: Exhaust Front Pipe Seals -which way up?
Don't over tighten the nuts.
They should be of brass and no more than 20 newton metres.
The same as for the six nuts where the manifold joins the twin pipes.
They should be of brass and no more than 20 newton metres.
The same as for the six nuts where the manifold joins the twin pipes.
- Fri Mar 27, 2026 3:41 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Safety Fast March 2026 Living with the MGB
- Replies: 7
- Views: 12495
Re: Safety Fast March 2026 Living with the MGB
"Bodies were pressed at Swindon then transported to Abingdon for painting trimming and final assembly"
Actually, my 1962 built MGB bodyshell was from Pressed Steel in Swindon.
There is a plate spot welded on the battery bay deck saying so!
Actually, my 1962 built MGB bodyshell was from Pressed Steel in Swindon.
There is a plate spot welded on the battery bay deck saying so!
- Thu Dec 04, 2025 11:18 am
- Forum: Parts For Sale/Wanted
- Topic: Early MGB door panels.
- Replies: 1
- Views: 3961
Re: Early MGB door panels.
These are still available 
- Thu Aug 29, 2024 12:19 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: TLX100M
- Replies: 7
- Views: 39394
Re: TLX100M
Interestingly I owned TLX105M from 1985 until 1993.
It was a Midget supplied by Sprinzle of Lancaster Mews in London.
John Sprinzle sold cars from his mews garage, complete with a chrome and blue Sprinzle badge above the rear number plate.
I'm not sure if his cars were modified in any way, mine had ...
It was a Midget supplied by Sprinzle of Lancaster Mews in London.
John Sprinzle sold cars from his mews garage, complete with a chrome and blue Sprinzle badge above the rear number plate.
I'm not sure if his cars were modified in any way, mine had ...
- Sat Jul 06, 2024 12:00 pm
- Forum: Parts For Sale/Wanted
- Topic: Early MGB door panels.
- Replies: 1
- Views: 3961
Early MGB door panels.
Brand new, old stock MGB interior door panels.
Red with white piping.
For early, 1962 to 1965 pull handle cars only.
Only £25 the pair!
Collection from near Guildford, Surrey.

Red with white piping.
For early, 1962 to 1965 pull handle cars only.
Only £25 the pair!
Collection from near Guildford, Surrey.
- Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:28 am
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Broken fan blade.
- Replies: 13
- Views: 197098
Re: Broken fan blade.
I have an original six bladed fan on my 1962 B.
I really should say 'had' as I replaced it with a nos Leyland plastic one.
I've seen so many pictures of the metal blades letting go I didn't want to take that risk...
I really should say 'had' as I replaced it with a nos Leyland plastic one.
I've seen so many pictures of the metal blades letting go I didn't want to take that risk...
- Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:04 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Dealing with rivets that won’t be drilled!
- Replies: 14
- Views: 35224
Re: Dealing with rivets that won’t be drilled!
Remove the glass by carefully cutting into the retaining rubber and gently ease the glass out, WD40 will help.
When you see the rivet tails centre punch them.
If the rivets are 1/8" drill from the inside out with a 1/16" cobalt drill.
Finally, drill into the 1/16" hole with a 1/8" cobalt drill.
When you see the rivet tails centre punch them.
If the rivets are 1/8" drill from the inside out with a 1/16" cobalt drill.
Finally, drill into the 1/16" hole with a 1/8" cobalt drill.
- Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:47 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Best oil filter question...
- Replies: 5
- Views: 14171
Re: Best oil filter question...
Thanks for your info chaps
- Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:19 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Best oil filter question...
- Replies: 5
- Views: 14171
Best oil filter question...
I've converted my three bearing engine to take the later, spin-on oil filter.
A fantastic modification that makes more frequent oil changes a doddle.
The thing is, I've only got one more UniPart oil filter left.
They seem difficult to obtain so any recommendations for a suitable, non return valve ...
A fantastic modification that makes more frequent oil changes a doddle.
The thing is, I've only got one more UniPart oil filter left.
They seem difficult to obtain so any recommendations for a suitable, non return valve ...