Hi Paul,
Points, use to have an electronic but got changed as it was damaged.
I haven't checked all that you suggested, after reading about it, I could try to change the points and Rotor Arm as I don't know how old they are but I am not entirely sure how to do it.
The heater valve was changed two ...
Search found 138 matches
- Thu Sep 03, 2026 4:30 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: MGB shuddering and misfiring
- Replies: 3
- Views: 62
- Thu Sep 03, 2026 11:59 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: MGB shuddering and misfiring
- Replies: 3
- Views: 62
MGB shuddering and misfiring
Good morning,
My 1971 MGB GT was shuddering and misfiring a lot when I took it out for a drive this morning.
It was shuddering before a few month ago but not as bad as today. I changed the plugs last Sunday and that improved the driving a lot. It was fine when I went to a car show on Monday. Even ...
My 1971 MGB GT was shuddering and misfiring a lot when I took it out for a drive this morning.
It was shuddering before a few month ago but not as bad as today. I changed the plugs last Sunday and that improved the driving a lot. It was fine when I went to a car show on Monday. Even ...
- Thu Mar 12, 2026 9:26 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Car not starting, is it the carburetor?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 13497
Re: Car not starting, is it the carburetor?
I've got a Hardi 9912 fuel pump in the car, from what they say, this type of pump are low flow rate. The Weber carb is designed to run at a rate of 1.5 to 3psi with high flow rate. The pump has a high enough psi but the flow rate is too low causing the engine to stall as the carb only get about less ...
- Tue Mar 10, 2026 11:36 am
- Forum: Parts For Sale/Wanted
- Topic: Brand new fuel sender unit
- Replies: 0
- Views: 314
Brand new fuel sender unit
New sender unit, never used and still in original box.
£20.00
Free postage or collection from Buckingham
£20.00
Free postage or collection from Buckingham
- Tue Mar 10, 2026 11:33 am
- Forum: Parts For Sale/Wanted
- Topic: SOLD brand new synchronizer
- Replies: 0
- Views: 299
SOLD brand new synchronizer
Brand new synchronizer, never used and still in box.
£25 including free postage or collection from Buckingham.
£25 including free postage or collection from Buckingham.
- Tue Mar 10, 2026 11:29 am
- Forum: Parts For Sale/Wanted
- Topic: SOLD SU HS4 carburetor complete set
- Replies: 0
- Views: 353
SOLD SU HS4 carburetor complete set
For sale, SU carbs with heatshield, manifold, spacers, linkage and pancake air filters.
The heatshield, filters and linkage are all new. Also got new gaskets all round and floats and pins. Comes with bottle of oil for the dampers, various gaskets and bits and bobs. Pipes included in sales price.
As ...
The heatshield, filters and linkage are all new. Also got new gaskets all round and floats and pins. Comes with bottle of oil for the dampers, various gaskets and bits and bobs. Pipes included in sales price.
As ...
- Tue Mar 10, 2026 11:16 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Car not starting, is it the carburetor?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 13497
Re: Car not starting, is it the carburetor?
The car had to go to a specialist as it was behind my skill and knowledge.
- Sat Feb 28, 2026 6:24 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Car not starting, is it the carburetor?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 13497
Re: Car not starting, is it the carburetor?
Hi David,
The engine turns over, there's fuel going to the carburetor and in the float chamber, sparks on all the plugs. I noticed some fuel coming out of the air intake so I checked that the throttle plate were opened which they weren't. Opened them up a bit more but when I tried to start the car ...
The engine turns over, there's fuel going to the carburetor and in the float chamber, sparks on all the plugs. I noticed some fuel coming out of the air intake so I checked that the throttle plate were opened which they weren't. Opened them up a bit more but when I tried to start the car ...
- Fri Feb 27, 2026 2:39 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Car not starting, is it the carburetor?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 13497
Car not starting, is it the carburetor?
Hi,
I've recently had my Weber 45 dcoe refurbished, since I have put it back in the car doesn't want to start. I know that the carb works as the company that refurbished it sent me a video of it mounted to their test engine which was running.
There's petrol going to the carb although only a little ...
I've recently had my Weber 45 dcoe refurbished, since I have put it back in the car doesn't want to start. I know that the carb works as the company that refurbished it sent me a video of it mounted to their test engine which was running.
There's petrol going to the carb although only a little ...
- Sun Dec 21, 2025 12:13 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Carb rebulit
- Replies: 4
- Views: 59077
Re: Carb rebulit
OK, I'll have a look thanks