Search found 16 matches

by BarryD
Thu Oct 17, 2024 6:31 am
Forum: MGB Technical
Topic: Trunnions Nipples (Ohh er…)
Replies: 2
Views: 19825

Re: Trunnions Nipples (Ohh er…)

Mrbenn wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2024 3:54 pm I know that's the right one for the heater controls. I've not removed the others though.
Great, thank you, now I’ve got to find some other goodies to make the P&P acceptable lol
by BarryD
Wed Oct 16, 2024 1:03 pm
Forum: MGB Technical
Topic: Trunnions Nipples (Ohh er…)
Replies: 2
Views: 19825

Trunnions Nipples (Ohh er…)

At some point in its recent life my 78 roadster has had the centre dashboard panel off. I’m guessing the previous owner was a summer driver as he has failed to connect the cables to the controls. It looks like the cable ends are missing so is it these Trunnions Nipples I need?

C19E476D-A9E5-43DF ...
by BarryD
Sat Oct 05, 2024 4:20 pm
Forum: MGB General
Topic: Thoughts on contacting previous owners?
Replies: 4
Views: 41199

Re: Thoughts on contacting previous owners?

Not_Anumber wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 7:30 pm Did you receive a reply ?
Alas no.
by BarryD
Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:59 pm
Forum: Forum Support
Topic: yesterday's login?
Replies: 6
Views: 109386

Re: yesterday's login?

Paul Scott wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 8:28 am The site was down yesterday with the forum causing an issue and drawing all of the resources.

I updated the forum software overnight and it all came back to life this morning :0)

Regards
Paul
Great news. Thank you.
by BarryD
Thu Sep 05, 2024 5:58 am
Forum: MGB General
Topic: No1 son sez… better than his bike just…
Replies: 2
Views: 30090

Re: No1 son sez… better than his bike just…


Excellent. What did he make of it compared to a modern car ?


Drives car like (!) but requires the awareness of the bike to position on the road. Missed the power steering and the slight need to be more positive with the brakes. He could be a convert in time, and would be happy to inherit ...
by BarryD
Sat Aug 31, 2024 11:58 pm
Forum: MGB General
Topic: No1 son sez… better than his bike just…
Replies: 2
Views: 30090

No1 son sez… better than his bike just…

I think he enjoyed driving the B…and why not 🤓
FACB8BF7-667E-4ED4-BC36-1526F5F23975.jpeg
by BarryD
Thu Aug 29, 2024 4:03 pm
Forum: MGB General
Topic: Britax sun roof repair
Replies: 10
Views: 66857

Re: Britax sun roof repair

I like my open tops, or large sunroof. So I’d have voted to keep it. A roof skin, fitting and painting would have been a similar if not more cost. And you have a nice desirable feature. 8-)
by BarryD
Thu Aug 22, 2024 5:45 pm
Forum: MGB General
Topic: Thoughts on contacting previous owners?
Replies: 4
Views: 41199

Thoughts on contacting previous owners?

I like a well organised history file for a car, and I’ve had some luck in the past contacting previous owners. When my car was sold in 2006 it boasted a Hodson Engineering rebuild and fast road cam (now just 5k miles ago) with an unleaded head (work completed in 1996). Somewhere between then and now ...
by BarryD
Wed Aug 21, 2024 4:42 pm
Forum: MGB General
Topic: TLX100M
Replies: 7
Views: 39394

Re: TLX100M

Might help, if you gave it’s colour (as your remember) and if it’s a GT or a roadster. I know my ‘78 roadster has worn three different number plates. :D
by BarryD
Sat Aug 17, 2024 7:11 am
Forum: MGB General
Topic: JB weld
Replies: 4
Views: 40114

Re: JB weld

Unless you can clean every surface so it’s got a good key, you’re probably just going to be throwing shrapnel at everyone as it comes off. Probably better to lightly sand, and either rattle can or hand paint the same silver colour. Believe me, in a few week it won’t be so glaringly obvious, it will ...